Mumbai: ICICI Bank today announced that it has integrated its RuPay Credit Cards with UPI transactions, enhancing the payment convenience for its customers. With this integration, ICICI Bank customers can simply link their RuPay Credit Cards to UPI to carry out Person-to-Merchant (P2M) transactions online- such as shopping, and payment of utility bills—and offline- such as payments at a POS (point of sale) machine– effortlessly and securely. Further, they can earn reward points on their spending, improving their digital payment experience.
The Bank has collaborated with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to enable UPI transactions on its RuPay Credit Cards. The customers can link the ICICI Bank Coral RuPay Credit Card, ICICI Bank HPCL Super Saver RuPay Credit Card, and ICICI Bank Rubyx RuPay Credit Card to UPI. They can scan the merchant QR code and make the payment from their RuPay Credit Cards using any UPI payment app including iMobile Pay.
Mr. Bijith Bhaskar, Head – Cards, ICICI Bank said “We are delighted to announce our partnership with NPCI to embed our RuPay Credit Cards with UPI. This partnership is a significant step taken by the Bank to offer improved convenience to customers on digital payments. The integration of RuPay Credit Cards with UPI provides customers with better financial liquidity by giving them interest-free credit for up to 50 days. We believe this feature will strengthen our commitment to offer simple yet convenient solutions to cater to the evolving needs of our customers.”
Commenting on the partnership, Ms. Praveena Rai, Chief Operating Officer, NPCI said “We are delighted to announce that ICICI Bank RuPay Credit Cards are now live on UPI. RuPay has steadily evolved into a modern, contemporary, and vibrant brand, known for custom value propositions and cutting-edge technology, ensuring broader acceptance and security. By merging the versatility of UPI with the reliability of RuPay Credit Cards, we are reshaping the landscape of digital payments. With this game-changing integration, users will enjoy even more flexibility and convenience in making digital payments. Through our collaboration with ICICI Bank, our goal is to empower RuPay Credit Card customers with an enhanced digital payment experience and thereby further fuel India’s economic growth.”
Below are some key features of the offering:
- Convenience and security: Customers can now seamlessly scan the merchant QR code and pay directly from their RuPay Credit Cards through UPI apps in a secure and hassle-free manner
- Reward points: With this offering, customers can now get reward points on their RuPay Credit Cards
- Financial flexibility: By leveraging UPI transactions on RuPay Credit Cards, customers get interest interest-free credit period of up to 50 days which empowers them to manage expenses more efficiently
Below are easy steps to link RuPay Credit Card with UPI on iMobile Pay:
- In the iMobile Pay app, go to ‘UPI Payments’ > ‘Manage’ > ‘My Profile’ > ‘Create New UPI ID’
- Select ‘RuPay Credit Card’ as the payment method
- Pick the UPI ID you want to link > ‘Proceed’ and review the transaction details
- Confirm the transaction by clicking ‘Confirm’